This programme will prepare you for a career in the commercial music industry, including performance and recorded music production.
What you will learn
- Learn to read and write music to an advanced level
- Apply composition, arranging and lyric writing techniques to create a variety of music
- Learn to perform music competently and creatively to engage an audience
- Develop your technical ability on a musical instrument(s)
- Create music and sound recordings in our state of the art facilities
Music programmes are taught in facilities that include:
- Recording studios
- Digi labs with Apple computers
- Music production suites
- Performance room equipped with lighting, PA, projector and large screen and performance equipment.
- Fully equipped band rehearsal rooms.
- Fully equipped DJ booths
- Individual practice rooms, equipped with keyboards, stereos and practice amps.
- Specialist music teaching rooms
- Keyboard theory lab
- Music library
- Student music listening area
Graduates can work in roles such as:
- composing for personal repertoire
- organising personal group or gig
- assisting in the production of live or recorded music
- music/media business occupations
NCEA level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience AND evidence of ability based on an audition.
IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0 (or equivalent) and academic requirements.