Develop your skills. learn different styles and play in a band. Learn alongside industry professionals, create original songs and gig in local venues.
Our students get the opportunity to gig with prominent artists which previously have included Annie Crummer, Warren Maxwell, Bella Kalolo, Barnaby Weir and Karl Steven.
The New Zealand Certificate in Music is designed to provide a solid foundation for musicians wishing to work in the music industry or go onto further study. training. It covers all aspects of the music industry from performance, composition and song writing, music technology, music business and instrument studies.
This programme is formerly known as the New Zealand Certificate in Rock, Jazz and Commercial Music (Level 4)
- Instrument Studies - learning to play your instrument to a proficient level
- Ensemble Workshop - playing in groups
- Understanding Music - theory, ear training, musicianship
- Composition - song writing
- Professional Studies - music business, health and safety
- MIDI Technology - using computers to make music
- PA Technology - learning how to set up PA systems and mix live sound
Music programmes are taught in facilities that include:
- Recording studios
- Digi labs with Apple computers
- Music production suites
- Performance room equipped with lighting, PA, projector and large screen and performance equipment.
- Fully equipped band rehearsal rooms.
- Fully equipped DJ booths
- Individual practice rooms, equipped with keyboards, stereos and practice amps.
- Specialist music teaching rooms
- Keyboard theory lab
- Music library
- Student music listening area
Specialise in your passion:
Grade 3 music theory or equivalent and evidence of instrumental and vocal skills/ability based on an audition and interview. Audition times are available by appointment from the 2nd of September.
Proven equivalence of entry requirements plus IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0)
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $780 per year of study)