What you will learn
- Day makeup, fashion makeup, runway makeup and accompanying hair-styling techniques
- Editorial/photographic makeup and styling
- Character/period makeup and styling
- Special effects makeup and body painting
- Character and aging makeup and hair applications
- Male makeup
- Wig and prosthetic application, facial hair trimming and application
- Portfolio development
- Business skills, practice professionalism and customer service
Work as a makeup artist or counter salesperson at cosmetic companies and department stores. Enter the creative industries and work in film and TV, stage production or on photo shoots.
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
- Fashion makeup artist
- Film makeup artist
- Stage makeup artist
All students will be required to have a makeup kit and digital camera for photographic work.
Under 20 years
Successful completion of New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skin Care (Introduction) (Level 3), or relevant experience in makeup artistry and capability to meet the physical requirements of the programme.
If you’re 20 years or over, please contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.