What you will learn
- Learn the techniques of complex hairdressing and styling
- Gain in-depth knowledge of hair and scalp treatments
- Learn to style hair by cutting and waving
- Practise creative colouring and foiling techniques
- Understand bleaching techniques
- Consult with clients in our salon
- Learn professional salon practice and incentives
- Develop photographic styling knowledge
- Opportunity to work on the World of WearableArt™ Awards show, regional competitions, fashion shows and theatrical productions
- Build relationships in industry through work experience
Continue on as a third-year apprentice working in industry. Work in a hairdressing team or towards becoming a salon owner. Be a stylist in the entertainment industry.
- Salon owner
- Fashion hair stylist
- Film and theatre hair stylist
- Sales rep
New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3) or Year 1 hairdressing apprenticeship, or equivalent.
IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0) or equivalent.
Course Related Costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $440.00 (2019 - includes mannequins, scissors, razor etc). These items will top up your current kit obtained when studying on the Hairdressing Salon Support programme.
Apply for your course related costs with Studylink.