More detail about this qualification
Trimester 1 (or 2 for mid-year entry)
- DM5012 Applied Media 1
- DM5014 Digital Studio 1
- DM5018 Design Studio 1
- DM5022 Image-Making Studio 1
Trimester 2 (or 1 for mid-year entry)
- DM5013 Applied Media 2
- DM5015 Digital Studio 2
- DM5019 Design Studio 2
- DM5023 Image-Making Studio 2
Each course earns 15 credits, totaling 120 credits.
Each course runs for approximately 17 weeks.
- Animator (includes character design, story boarding, 3D model making)
- Brand designer (includes visual identity design)
- Creative technologies designer (media effects and animation for film, video and gaming)
- Graphic and/or visual communication designer (includes digital and print)
- Illustrator (includes traditional and digital)
- Motion graphics designer (2D and 3D design and animation)
- Web designer
NB: It is helpful for students to have access to a laptop of suﬃcient capability and Adobe Creative Cloud software to meet programme requirements.
NCEA (Level 3) including credits from at least one of the following subjects: Art History, Practical Art (including design, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture) or Design and Visual Communication; or New Zealand Certiﬁcate in Creativity (Level 4), or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $780 per year of study)